Love is in the food! Get ready for an eventful, social and delicious evening. In this special hands-on Valentine's cooking class with chef and award-winning cookbook author Didi Emmons, students will create a 3-course meal integrating foods purportedly known to be aphrodisiacs, including some proven to raise hormones like testosterone. We can't promise instant success, but will explore how foods and herbs stimulate certain hormones. For instance, spices like cinnamon and cardamom are warming, improve circulation and are mildly stimulating. Goji berries are an antidote for anxiety and a multitude of other symptoms. Research suggests chocolate, well known for its aphrodisiac properties, is actually limited, and any effects are probably psychological, not physiological. So much for that box of candy you were thinking of giving… Please note, this dinner includes champagne and wine.
- Arugula Salad with Basil Goat Cheese, Dried Figs (soaked in red wine), and Toasted Walnuts, w/ Pomegranate Dressing
- Salmon with Kaffir Lime White Wine Butter Sauce
- Roasted Asparagus with Cruncy Shallots
- Smashed Local Potatoes
- Rolled Vanilla Cake, Rose Whipped Cream, Goji Berry and Raspberry Sauce
One ticket includes:
- Hands-on learning experience.
- Instruction from an experienced, top-notch instructor.
- Recipes to take home.
- A delicious meal to enjoy with participants.
Class is limited to 6 couples and each registration is for two people. Pre-registration is required 2 days prior to a class or event. If it is within 2 days and you wish to register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 508.785.0339 to find out if there is space remaining.
Powisset is NOT a nut-free or gluten-free kitchen.
Questions? Want to become a Trustees member and enjoy free and/or discounted prog